Re the NOV Letter from the RWQCB
The following was a press release from Citizens for Clean Water - PZLDF, regarding the recent mass mailing "Notice of Violation" sent from the RWQCB to the homeowners in the PZ in Los Osos. Further information is also available at the CCW-PZLDF table at the Monday farmer's market.
Citizens for Clean Water
What can I do to protect my rights?
1. In response to the Notice of violation----- THE WATER BOARD IS NOT REQUIRING A RESPONSE. Nothing is required. And it may even be legally problematic to inform them that you received it.
2. DO NOT SEND OFFERS TO SIGN AGREEMENTS OR SETTLEMENTS! (CAO’s) since that could adversely affect your ability to defend yourself, and ultimately risk loss of your home..
3. Keep abreast of the county’s progress toward an acceptable project. (see FAQ-reports & schedules) http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/PW/LOWWP.htm
4. Participate in the process and let your wishes be known concerning an acceptable project, based on costs, type, and location but do not feel compelled to vote Yes in a 218 election if you do not agree with it……
5. Learn your compliance options if the County fails.
6. Protect the process from the county’s actions being influenced by water board enforcement- coercion and intimidation tactics. Notify the county you want a clean process-protected from Water Board interference.
7. Contact your representatives about your concerns.
District 2 Supervisor Bruce Gibson:
Room D-430, County Government Center
San Luis Obispo, California 93408
(805) 781-1350 Fax
Assemblyman Sam Blakeslee
Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Congresswoman Lois Capps
San Luis Obispo 1411 Marsh Street, Suite 205 San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 Phone: (805) 546-8348 Fax: (805) 546-8368
Peter J. Visclosky (IN), Chair: (WRDA Grants-Funding Asst.)
Dixon Butler, Subcommittee ClerkRoom 2362-B Rayburn House Office BuildingWashington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3421
8. Learn more about your rights, the regulations and legal help available.
Sullivan & AssociatesA Law Corporation2238 Bayview Heights Drive, Suite CLos Osos, CA 93402(805) 528-3355(805) 528-3364 fax
Pacific Legal Foundation 3900 Lennane Drive, Suite200Sacramento, CA 95834Phone: (916) 419- 7111Fax: (916) email@example.com
9. Attend PZLDF informational meetings on Monday evenings at 7:00 pm at Washington Mutual Bank Community Room, and join Citizens for Clean Water-PZLDF.
10. Protect your property rights by being proactive, and by donating your time, money and resources. DONATE TO FUND THE LEGAL ACTIONS EITHER TO PZLDF OR DIRECTLY TO SULLIVAN & ASSOCIATES.
COME TO MEETINGS, HELP WITH FUNDRAISING, STAY INVOLVED!