Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Your Sunday Poem

This by Mary de La Valette, from a lovely anthology: "Life Prayers: 365 Prayers, Blessings and Affirmations to Celebrate the Human Journey," collected from around the world by Elizabeth Roberts & Elias Amidon, who also edited "Earth Prayers."

I do not have to go
To Sacred Places
In far-off lands.
The ground I stand on
Is holy.

Here, in this little garden
I tend
My pilgrimage ends.
The wild honeybees
the hummingbird moths
The flickering fireflies at dusk
Are a microcosm
Of the Universe.
Each seed that grows
Each spade of soil
Is full of miracles.

And I toil and sweat
And watch and wonder
And am full of love.
Living in place
In this place.
For truth and beauty
Dwell here.



2 comments:

Alon Perlman said...

Corvids above
and Canines below
All is well in Calhoun's Garden,
and may it always be so.

Churadogs said...

Yes, crow haven.